Friday, November 12, 2010

So Cute + Window

"Ragamuffin", David Plotnick, Cotton and Fabric, 24 x 34 x 27 in, 2010

This was the first project where I ever had to work with needle and thread.  I have never had any experience with a sewing kit, and it shows.  I wanted to go for something cute, so naturally bunnies was a stable subject.  Gluing cotton balls was very therapeutic.  It was pleasant looking at first and my intention was to have one of the paws rested on the window pane in order to give a gesture of wanting to come inside- the epitome of cuteness.  Unfortunately, the weather had other plans.  The threads holding the head in place ripped off and cotton started to fly off the body.  In fact one of the eyes broke and the posture was awkward and broken looking, it became far from cute, a disturbing cloth mutant.  Much to my dismay my peers found it in shambles and rightfully so the verbal slaughter commenced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment